The San Angelo Kiwanis Club was chartered on January 16, 1921, with 69 charter members. This was the first service club to be organized in San Angelo. The Club began meeting on Tuesdays at noon at the Saint Angelus Hotel. The Club was a vital part of San Angelo's growth and culture. Among the first Kiwanians' accomplishments was the planting of trees in Santa Fe Park beginning in 1922. Then in 1926, the Club paid the initial fee to organize the Concho Valley Council of Boy Scouts of America.
The Club has many long standing traditions including:
- Little Olympics - 1942
- Central High School Key Club - 1956
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing - 1958
- Host Football Games - 1968
- State School Christmas Party - 1984
- Geranium Sales - 1997
Members have ensured that the San Angelo Kiwanis Club will be remembered in future years by the establishment of the San Angelo Kiwanis Fund through the San Angelo Area Foundation. This fund will always make a contribution to a children's organization in the Concho Valley and the distribution will continue into perpetuity.
The San Angelo Kiwanis Club - changing the world by serving one child and one community at a time.